Thursday, June 17, 2010

MY AUTUMN'S DONE COME

photo by Otis

My new dog ate my belt. The little pup bastard. I'd had that belt for probably ten years. My other dog at another belt I'd had for probably 25 years. I went to pick-up my boys from b-ball camp and told them about the dog eating my belt and they carried on suitably "Oh for the love of gawd what is wrong with dogs?!" they exclaimed. I told 'em i'd have to go get another belt at the thrift store. After we got in the car my youngest said "Hey dad...well uh...I know you are going to die in not a little while and um..." Yes, Otis? And by the way I hope i'm around for a good long while yet. "well, uh, I just wanted to tell you that after you die i'll wear that new belt for you."
Thanks Otis. I can't ask for more than that.

Lee Hazlewood's My Autumn's Done Come is one of my favorite songs of all time. I discovered it when I heard the Hazlewood tribute album Total Lee! The Songs of Lee Hazlewood. The stand-out track was My Autumn's Done Come as done by the english band Tindersticks. It completely knocked me out and I immediately became a passionate fan of the band. All of their work is similar in style to the track here and it's a style that I just adore. String-laden misery.
Cheers and Happy Father's Day to my fellow olde dudes

Lee Hazlewood - My Autumn's Done Come

Tindersticks - My Autumn's Done Come

Hooverphonic - My Autumn's Done Come

No comments:

Post a Comment

So...leave a comment already. What?