Friday, June 1, 2012

SPEARHEAD

My father-in-law used to give us stacks of cds that no one wanted at the college radio station where he worked. In the pile was Spearhead's first album Home. I fell in love with its deep grooves and infectious positivity. Later, Spearhead came to Seattle where I was living at the time. I had to go. I didn't think anyone else knew about them, but I get to the club and it's packed. It seemed everyone in the place including me knew all the words to all of Michael Franti's songs......and sang them at full-throat from the moment the band kicked 'til the end. i'm not a crowd-sing-along kind of guy but to my inner-hippie...this was and is powerful and glorious music. They aren't always perfect but when they are...they are On it.


These songs go out all my friends and relations, known and unknown, and anyone else who may need them. 
play loud.
<3











No comments:

Post a Comment

So...leave a comment already. What?