Sunday, February 24, 2008

JASON RiCCI's JUNIOR KiMBROUGH STORY

I can't remember how I stumbled across this track but I was delighted to hear it. Any rememberance of the legendaryJunior Kimbrough is always welcome. I hadn't heard of Jason Ricci& New Blood either but I quickly found out the guy is a killer harp player and dynamic front man. Unfortunatly whoever posted the live show that it comes from cut the track a bit early perhaps but you can get the whole live set that it comes from at archive.org. Play it loud!

Jason Ricci & New Blood- Junior Kimbrough Story MP3

Jason's website is HERE
and his MySpace page is HERE
(be sure and listen to the track Mongoose Nuts Not Possum Pussy!)


1 comment:

  1. The Black Keys made a tribute album to Junior. I highly recommend obtaining "Chulahoma" immediately. If I had a blog I would post "Nobody But You" so you could get a sample. Five songs....excellent, load, serious blues. Even his widow agrees (track 6).

    ReplyDelete

So...leave a comment already. What?